Island-wide hearings have been added by Hawaii Department of Health! Please appear in person if possible AND submit written testimony by WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 26th at 4:00pm HST to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, address, whom you represent [yourself or a group], and a statement, such as, “Re: HAR 11-157, I OPPOSE” or “STRONGLY OPPOSE” [followed by a sentence stating what it is about the proposed rule(s) you oppose].
New Vaccine Requirements for Hawaii students are Coming...
...from HI Department of Health-Proposed Rule Changes, bypassing the State Legislature via 2013 Act deferring authority to HI DOH
Hilo Thursday, Dec. 20th 9-11am, Hilo State Office Bldg, 75 Aupuni St., Conference Rooms A, B and C
Kona Thursday, Dec. 20th 2:30-4:30pm, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, West Hawaii Civic Center Meeting Hale, Bldg G
Wailuku Friday, Dec. 14th 2-4pm, Wailuku State Office Bldg, 54 South High Street, Wailuku Video Conference Center, Third Floor
Moloka'i (video conferencing from Maui) Friday, Dec. 14th 2-4pm, Moloka'i Dept of Health, 65 Makaena Place, Kaunakakai Video Conference Room 107
Tuesday, Dec. 18th 1-3pm, Lana'i Public and School Library, 555 Fraser Avenue, Lana'i City Small Conference Room
Lihue Friday, Dec. 21st 2-4pm, Kaua'i District Health Office Conference Room, 3040 Umi Street
Basic Info on the Proposed Rule Changes:
The Hawaii Department of Health has announced island-wide hearings on proposed rule changes to include NEW VACCINE REQUIREMENTS for Hawaii’s children. (See links at right for official documentation.) Some of the proposed changes include:
- HPV and Meningococcal vaccine for all seventh graders
- Influenza vaccine for all young children [see Exhibit A, Table 1 in the link]
- Hepatitis A vaccine for all children
- Additional dose of MMR for post-secondary school attendance and Meningococcal vaccine for all first-year students living in on-campus housing
- Enhanced reporting requirements for health practitioners and schools
- Enhanced reporting requirements for medical and religious exemptions
- Blanket adoption of recommendations from Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices [ACIP] as they are approved [see this video for a shining example of ACIP’s abhorrent and negligent decision-making process in action; see also in this link, watch ACIP vote on its new vaccine schedule recommendations, unanimously–immediately after hearing the impassioned comments and criticisms by members of the public at their latest meeting]
CALL TO ACTION
Suggestions for responding to these proposed rule changes to Hawaii Administrative Rules/HAR 11-157:
First, learn about
- your right to informed consent
- the difference between the inadequate patient information offered on the CDC’s “Vaccine Information Statements” [VISs] versus the more complete information provided on the actual vaccine manufacturers’ package inserts [not typically viewed by vaccine-administering health care workers and physicians; they can be found published online at the FDA website, here]
- the numerous victims of vaccine injury not acknowledged by the pharmaceutical industry-propagandized medical establishment
- the fact that more and more physicians and healthcare workers are speaking out about potentially harmful, one-size-fits-all vaccination policies and the great disparity in claims about “the science” supporting the safety and efficacy of vaccination against communicable diseases
- the fact that there are hundreds of new vaccines coming down the manufacturing pipeline–will the mainstream medical community ever recognize any limit to the number of vaccines to be mandated, or are we to be perpetually at the mercy of the pharmaceutical industry to roll up our sleeves to accept their products and contaminants?
- the fact that industry money is interfering in the once-sacred doctor-patient relationship — does your vaccine-pushing healthcare team derive financial gain by vaccinating you and/or your family members? ASK!
- vaccine contamination by toxic metals, chemicals and xenobiological agents, like animal- and fetal-derived human DNA–is it really so difficult to imagine where the current epidemic of skyrocketing auto-immunity may be stemming from?
- the fact that the American Academy of Pediatrics [AAP] has expressed eagerness to see removed ALL non-medical vaccine exemptions
- the nationwide legislative assault on Americans’ vaccine exemptions
- media fear-mongering which quickly blames “unvaccinated” people as the cause for outbreaks of measles, mumps, flu, polio, pertussis, etc. without discussing the phenomena which implicate vaccines themselves in the SPREAD of disease, such as viral shedding from vaccines and strain replacement
- the 2013 Hawaii State legislation which empowered the Hawaii Department of Health with extensive, excessive latitude to make and alter health policy in the State; decision-making power now resides in very few individuals, if not a single individual, whereas beforehand, there were at least customary checks and balances
Next, prepare written and/or oral testimony and attend the hearing:
- Read the proposed rule changes and consider their potential impact
- Educate friends and family on the issue of these mandates, and urge them to get involved to protect their right to informed consent
- Plan to appear at your nearest hearing, according to the schedule shown above in this post
- Submit written testimony via email to email@example.com, or via post to Disease Outbreak Control Division [DOCD], 1250 Punchbowl Street, Room 443, Honolulu, HI 96813 [officially, must be received no later than Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 4:00pm, Hawaii Standard Time
- Plan to arrive early to allow for parking
- Oral testimony at the hearing will be limited to two minutes per person
- Be alert to future encroachments on medical and religious exemptions, which could be done with the stroke of a pen; we anticipate impending attempts to curtail our current medical exemption right and to remove our religious exemption. Watch for any future updates to the status of our legal exemptions and any further encroachments on medical freedom and informed consent [see this PBS Hawaii discussion of religious exemptions]
- Connect with like-minded people in Hawaii and across the US concerned with preserving our right to the traditional definition of informed consent [not to be confused with the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) recent atttempt to redefine informed consent
- Join our email list for updates on future legislative action, educational events and advocacy
- Remember, this is a marathon–not a sprint; don’t get discouraged and apathetic as a result of such encroachments on our medical freedom–get involved!
When there is risk there must be a choice!